xy-VSFilter is a VSFilter fork for smooth playback.
xy-VSFilter is based on VSFilter 2.39 Guliverkli2 with various important changes from VSFilter 2.41 MPC-HC.
- Subpics are now drawn directly in YUV/RGB as needed to improve performance
- Floating-point Gaussian Blur implementation (higher quality significantly faster with large blur values)
- More efficient Border code (higher quality up to 12x faster with large border sizes)
- More efficient Clip code (significantly faster up to 1.8GB reduction in RAM usage when rendering gradients)
- More efficient Color Conversion, Chroma Placement, Alpha Blending, and Rasterization code (SSE2 optimized)
- Alpha blending on dirty areas of the frame only
- Alpha-blending with sub-sampled/interlaced chroma where applicable
- Addition of numerous caches to speed up animated effects
- Proper implementation of animation detection to speed up static typesetting
- New script parser to speed up loading of very large subtitle scripts
- 75% reduction in CPU load overhead when idle